The Faculty of Architecture building stands on one of the last free plots of land on the university campus in Dejvice, proposed in Antonín Engel’s regulatory plan from the year 1924. It is conceived as a monolithic reinforced concrete structure with eight storeys and three underground levels with garages. The building, with a layout of 64 x 64 metres measures 30 metres in height and three covered atriums intersect it, naturally ventilating and, in the summer, cooling the building. The façade is made of brick cladding in combination with face concrete, which also predominates in the interior.
On the lower floors there are always 10 studios, 4 classrooms with audio-visual equipment, meeting rooms, a student respirium and offices for the teaching staff; on the two uppermost storeys there are 17 two-floor studios. On the ground floor, there are lecture halls for 80, 100, 180 and 300 people, the registrar’s office and a cloakroom, on the first underground level modelling workshops and computer labs can be found.
- Project architect: Alena Šrámková architekti (Professor Ing. arch. Alena Šrámková, Ing. arch. Lukáš Ehl, Ing. arch. Tomáš Koumar)
- General designer: VPÚ Deco, a. s.
- General contractor: a consortium of Metrostav a. s. and VCES, a. s.
- Interior designer: Ing. arch. Markéta Cajthamlová, Ing. arch. Lenka Brožová
- Investor: Czech Technical University in Prague, Department of Construction and Investment Activities
- Expenses: CZK 1 225 000 000
- Tender: 2004; project: 2005–2009; construction: 2009–2010
- Built-up area: 4 995 m²; useable area: 34 584 m²; enclosed area: 147 041 m³