Why Choose FA
Architecture and Urbanism
We 27/5/2020 18:00
We 27/5/2020 18:00
FA CTU, auditorium 155 - Gočár
The Department of Building Consturction I warmly invites all those interested in a cycle of four public lectures by visiting Professor Mirko Baum.
The possibility of producing cast iron, iron and steel in an industrial way has changed the world. Since the end of the 18th century, mass production and affordability of these materials meant not only new forms of work, but also a radical transformation of society and its aesthetic and economic-political thinking.
The lectures are a tribute to the designers of the Industrial Revolution and follow their influence on the work of civil engineers today. They will be in Czech. Each lecture lasts 90 minutes, after which there is a space for discussion. If the student decides to complete this cycle, he / she can enroll it as a workshop for which he / she will receive a credit and 2 credits after submitting his / her final project. Students will receive a list of recommended literature for self-study.
The study will be enrolled for students of the master's degree who will analyze freely chosen (preferably less known, existing or extinct) metal structures from the time range of ca. 1770 - 1914. The number of pages, including illustrations and list of sources, is arbitrary, analytical and descriptive quality of the paper is a prerequisite. Delivery is on unbound and numbered pages of A4 format and on CD.
Topics of all lectures
25. 3. 2020 IRON MAD, saints - fools - gamblers: construction at the turn of the epochs - part one
15. 4. 2020 IRON MAD, saints - fools - gamblers: construction at the turn of the epochs - part two
6. 5. 2020 IRON MAD, saints - fools - gamblers: construction at the turn of the epochs - part three
27. 5. 2020 IRON MAD, saints - fools - gamblers: constructions at the turn of the epochs - part four
More information in News
1st place in Diploma projects 2019 competition
Matěj Šebek, Studio Novotný–Koňata–Zmek
Life of FA
25. 05. 2020 | Český rozhlas Vltava
21. 05. 2020 | www.vecerni-praha.cz
21. 05. 2020 | www.designmag.cz
15. 05. 2020 | iHNed.cz – Proč ne?
06. 05. 2020 | www.aktualne.cz, podcast Na dotek Petra Viziny
04. 05. 2020 | Kolinskypres.cz
For the content of this site is responsible: Ing. arch. Jan Jakub Tesař, Ph.D.