20. 6. 2023: 210 bpm, Hranolky, Kokrháč, Nelávka, Klínovvka, Fošínka. Krkonoše Mountains will have new footbridges, built by architecture students
Visitors to the Giant Mountains will be able to cross mountain streams and gullies safely and with dry feet. Six new footbridges were designed and built by student teams from the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague. They were presented to the public on Tuesday 20 June in the presence of the project partner, the Krkonoše National Park Administration. The footbridges will be on display in front of the faculty building throughout the summer, and will start serving in the mountains in spring next year.
14. 6. 2023: Safe and dry. The Krkonoše Mountains will have new footbridges built by architecture students – invitation to the opening
We would like to invite you to the presentation of footbridges to the Krkonoše Mountains, designed and built by architecture students. The opening will take place on Tuesday, 20 June at 1 pm in the courtyard of the Faculty of Architecture, CTU, Thákurova 9, Prague 6 - Dejvice. The six new footbridges are the result of cooperation between the Department of Architectural Design II, Faculty of Architecture, CTU and the Krkonoše National Park Administration.
5. 6. 2023: The new parliament building and the countryside as a rediscovered paradise. The FA exhibits the works of the summer semester
The Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague invites you to the ongoing exhibition of studio works from the summer semester. It offers projects of 65 studios studying Architecture and Urbanism, Landscape Architecture and Design. The opening ceremony associated with the opening of the thesis exhibition will take place on 13 June at 6 pm.
24. 5. 2023: Best for all. Architecture students present their vision of the Czech Republic at the CZ2 exhibition
Students from five architecture schools in the Czech Republic and the Netherlands worked under the guidance of Winy Maas. Together they have formulated ideas for the future of the Czech Republic and now they will present their projects to the public. The opening of the exhibition will take place on 31 May at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU.
15. 5. 2023: FA CTU is looking for the head of the Department of Architectural Conservation, the Department of Landscape Architecture and the Research Centre for Industrial Heritage
The Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU has announced the selection procedures for three key positions of the heads of the Department of Architectural Conservation, the Department of Landscape Architecture and the Research Centre for Industrial Heritage.
20. 4. 2023: School building as a teaching aid. ReVision Typology will present examples of good practice
This year, the ReVize Typology conference will focus on school buildings and will present examples of good practice: the new building of the Amos primary school (SOA architects) or the energy-saving reconstruction of the Českobrodská secondary vocational school. The discussion with the participation of architects, education experts and representatives of public administration will take place on Thursday 27 April 2023 at the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University, Thákurova 9, Prague 6.
11. 4. 2023: In models and pictures. The exhibition at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU will present the work of Le Corbusier
A unique collection of more than 150 models of buildings by the legendary architect Le Corbusier will be presented at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU. They will be accompanied by a photography exhibition, guided tours and two lecture evenings. The opening will take place on Tuesday 18 April at 6 pm.
5. 4. 2023: Architecture, design, smart cities. Faculty of Architecture is accepting applications for Ph.D. studies
The admission procedure for Ph.D. studies in the academic year 2023/2024 is open until 28 April 2023. Interested students can apply for three study programmes and choose from more than sixty subject areas.
29. 3. 2023: Give the city back to the people. Urban Design Award-winning projects build the future on historic foundations
The competition for the best urban design projects of eight schools of architecture of the Visegrad Group was won by the project of the development of the centre of Strakonice by Tereza Říhová from the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU. The announcement of the 27th Urban Design Award took place on 20 March at the FA CTU.
28. 3. 2023: Architecture at CTU succeeds in international comparison
Architecture teaching at CTU is ranked in the QS Rankings. In the Architecture and Built Environment category, the Prague school shares a place with Brno University of Technology.
2. 3. 2023: (Un)fulfilled Ambition. The book traces an escape from the projective everyday of the 1980s
The latest publication by editors Petr Vorlík and Hubert Guzik from the Department of Theory and History of Architecture, FA CTU, concludes the extensive project Architecture of the 1980s. Following the books a(typ), Unbuilt, Conversations and Improvisation, Ambition focuses on the workings of society, construction and architectural practice. The presentation of the book, accompanied by a screening of contemporary documents and a debate with experts, will take place on 9 March at 6 pm at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague.
1. 2. 2023: Landscape scars and urban furniture for Prague. Faculty of Architecture exhibits student works
The Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague invites you to visit the regular exhibition of semester projects. The exhibition showcases outputs from a total of 68 studios of three study programmes – Architecture and Urbanism, Landscape Architecture and Design. The works are on display until 10 February in the building of the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU, Thákurova 9, Prague 6.
Ing. arch. Kateřina Rottová, pH.D.
+420 778 750 052