14. 4. 2022: Improvisation. The book presents the 1980s as an era of architectural fierceness and the search for loopholes
Improvisation and an open approach became a necessity in the 1980s in everyday life and in the practice of architecture. Some creators were able to make the best of their shortcomings and develop a distinctive, ageless handwriting. This publication by editors Petr Vorlik and Jan Zikmund from the Department of Theory and History of Architecture at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU and their colleagues focuses on the characteristic approaches architects used to cope with the shortcomings of centrally controlled socialist building production during the era of normalisation.
8. 4. 2022: Kharkiv Constructivism, Ukrainian architectural heritage under Russian threat
Since the first days of the Russian war against Ukraine, there has been a systematic and widespread destruction of unique architecture and irreparable loss of monuments and cultural heritage. Ievgenia Gubkina, an architectural historian from Kharkiv, will speak about the current situation in Ukraine from the point of view of heritage conservation. The lecture (in English without translation) will take place on Tuesday, April 12 at 6 pm at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in lecture room 155 – Gočár.
4. 4. 2022: Restoration of the Ore Mountain Village and revitalisation of Budapest city centre. Students receive Urban Design Award
On 30 March, the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU held the announcement of the 26th annual international student competition Urban Design Award. The winning project for the restoration of a village in the Ore Mountains was created by students Kateřina Tomsová and Vojtěch Palm. The jury appreciated their perceptive approach to rural development planning.
1. 4. 2022: A new book mapping the architecture of conversions was published
Industrial architecture in our country is still not without its challenges. Although the public's attitude towards it has changed in recent years, it is often still disappearing under the pressure to make way for new construction, or it is decaying without hope of revival. The book chronicles 35 projects implemented between 2015 and 2020 that have seen reconstruction and new use – Prague's Jatka78, Bolt Tower in the Lower Vítkovice area, Kamenice Brewery, Vápenka u Kovářská and others.
15. 3. 2022: Invitation to the lecture by Japanese architect Momoyo Kaijima Architecture Ethnography
On Monday, 21 March, Momoyo Kaijima, a Japanese architect and founder of the Bow-Wow studio, will give a talk at the Faculty of Architecture of CTU. She will present an international workshop organized in Prague by ETH Zurich University in cooperation with the Faculty of Architecture of CTU.
1. 3. 2022: Pleasant atmosphere and spontaneity scored points in the Druhá kůže competition
For ten years, the Druhá kůže competition has been tracking how students of the Faculty of Architecture manage to design buildings for housing. The winner of the jubilee edition was Ester Maria Dvořáková from the Redčenkov–Danda studio with her design for an apartment building at Drůbeží trh in Opava. The jury appreciated the well-thought-out concept and naturalness of the design. The winning works and all nominated projects are on display until 10 March 2022 on the ground floor of the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague.
8. 2. 2022: School of Architecture must entertain students, says new dean of the Faculty of Architecture at CTU
The Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague (FA) has a new dean from 1 February 2022, doc. Ing. arch. Dalibor Hlaváček, Ph.D. He wants to build the Faculty of Architecture into the best school of architecture and urban planning in Central Europe.
30. 11. 2021: Faculty of Architecture of the CTU commemorated 45 years of its independence
On Wednesday, 24 November 2021, a festive gathering of the academic community was held in Bethlehem Chapel to commemorate the 45th anniversary of the Faculty's independence. At the celebration, during which the most prominent representatives of the faculty presented themselves in new gowns designed by Liběna Rochová, medals were awarded to prominent personalities, the Dean's Award was given to the best students, two exhibitions were launched and two new books were launched.
12. 11. 2021: The Faculty of Architecture of the CTU invites you to a debate and presentation of the book Dům na kolečkách – On the Way to John Hejduk
The Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague invites you to the book launch of the book Dům na kolečkách – On the Way to John Hejduk, which will take place on Thursday 18 November 2021 at 7.00 p.m. in the left hall of the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague, Thákurova 9.
11. 11. 2021: Dalibor Hlaváček will be the new Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of CTU
On 10 November, at the meeting of the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Architecture, Associate Professor Dalibor Hlaváček was elected as a candidate for the position of Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of CTU. After his appointment by Rector, he will replace Professor Ladislav Lábus as the current Dean of the Faculty from February 2022.
1. 11. 2021: Open Days at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU will offer information about studies, lectures on architecture, drawing courses or tips for admissions
The beginning of November is traditionally marked by open house days at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Prague. They tend to be earlier than at other faculties, because the deadline for submitting applications for bachelor's studies is 30 November every year. Those interested in studying architecture, landscape architecture or design therefore have the highest time to decide whether to apply and the open days can make their dilemma easier.
29. 9. 2021: Dean Ladislav Lábus announces the 1st annual competition for the Dean's Award of the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU
The subject of the award are student projects and diploma projects developed within the framework of teaching at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in the academic year 2020/2021 or extraordinary achievements of students of the Faculty of Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral Studies. Up to 150,000 CZK will be distributed among the winners and prizewinners, individuals or teams.
Mgr. romana Vylitová
+420 723 138 565