26. 6. 2020: Shelter Kømen nominated for the Czech Architecture Prize
The shelter of students from the Hlaváček - Čeněk studio was chosen among the 27 buildings that will compete for the Czech Architecture Prize this year. The construction designed and realized by the students succeeded among 191 registered parts of well-known offices.
24. 4. 2020: The European Conference on the Education of Architects, which was to take place in August 2020 at the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University, is postponed by one year
The annual conference of the European Association for Architectural Education (EAAE) was to be hosted by the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague on 26-29 August 2020, nevertheless, it will be postponed until next year. It will take place in a new term on 25-28 August 2021. The decision was based on the worldwide evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic.
9. 4. 2020: The international student competition URBAN DESIGN AWARD for the year 2018/2019 published the results electronically
The first place went to Vanda Kotková from the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague, the second and third place were shared by her classmate Roman Hrabánek and Jakub Sedláček from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Brno University of Technology, and three more rewards go to the Faculty of Architecture of the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava. The competition, formerly known as the Best Urban Project, is organized by the Department of Spatial Planning of the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague under the auspices of the Association for Urban Planning and Town Planning and the Czech Chamber of Architects.
3. 3. 2020: Results of the competition workshop for a new form of the CTU exhibition stand
From 28 February to 1 March, the Faculty of Architecture hosted an ideological architectural workshop on a new form of exhibition stand for the European fair of post-secondary education Gaudeamus. A total of 15 students applied, who formed 9 teams and within three days completed thematic lectures from Ing. arch. MgA. Lenka Bednářová, Ph.D and prof. Akad. arch. Vladimír Soukenka, continuously consulted their ideas with the workshop organizers and then presented their final work to a professional jury composed of graphic designer Alena Hyblerová, architect Vojtěch Hybler, designer Marian Karel and set designer Vladimír Soukenka. The winners of the competition were Emma Závodská from the Faculty of Architecture (FA) and Daniela Čečková from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Czech Technical University (FSv) who came with a bold approach to change the entire current presentation system.
3. 3. 2020: The Druhá kůže competition awarded for the eighth time the best residential buildings designed by second-year bachelor's students at the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague
At this year's Druhá kůže competition, the jury decided to distribute the prizes in an unusual way. Instead of first, second and third place, the jury awarded five prizes without ranking. The reason was the balanced quality of projects, none of which stood out significantly. The jury also awarded four proposals with honorable mentions and one project with special recognition.
29. 1. 2020: Students of the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University will work on a project for a house inspired by the design of Adolf Loose
Plans for a remarkable chamber wooden building elaborated by Adolf Loos will be prepared during the summer semester by students of the Studio Girsa from the Department of Architectural Conservation of the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University. It will be the contribution of our faculty to the 150th anniversary of the birth of this world-famous Czech architect.
10. 1. 2020: The beginning of the examination period at the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU is marked by the vernissage Fabrika, the opening of the exhibition of student works
The vernissage called Fabrika will present on Thursday 16 January from 6 pm all projects that were created at the faculty during the winter semester. With its scope and area, it is the largest event of its kind in the Czech Republic. More than 1,000 semester projects of the study fields of Architecture and Urbanism, Design and Landscape Architecture will be exhibited in 56 studios on seven floors.
6. 1. 2020: I try to make my buildings emotionally challenging, provocative - just sexy, says architect Radek Lampa
They design houses and zoos. Four renowned architects have published three different publications depicting their work to date. They are united not only by the same publishing house, but above all by a love of architecture, a unique look and style, and also by the fact that everyone works as a teacher at the Department of Architectural Design and the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU.
6. 12. 2020: In the Krkonoše Mountains, people can walk on student footbridges, which were created thanks to the cooperation with the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU
The footbridges were built by students but they can be compared to the realization of professionals. Five footbridges produced by the Department of Design Studio II have been serving visitors to the highest Czech mountains since autumn. The footbridges were created thanks to cooperation of FA CTU with the Krkonoše National Park Administration.
27. 11. 2019: The Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University won an award for an innovative approach in teaching architecture for a mast built by students in Libčice nad Vltavou
Atelier Hlaváček - Čeněk received an award for an innovative approach in teaching architecture. The mast with a view, built by the students of the studio of the Department of Architectural Design II at the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University, can be found in Libčice nad Vltavou.
19. 11. 2019: Faculty of Architecture CTU in Prague published the book 30 Years of Freedom - Interviews on Architecture and Society
On the occasion of the 30th anniversary of the Velvet Revolution, the CTU Faculty of Architecture published a book of interviews that captures the course of the historic break in November 89 and its subsequent impact on the transformation of society and the architectural profession.
15. 11. 2019: Students and pedagogues of the Faculty of Architecture of the Czech Technical University in Prague gave Alena Šrámková a house on wheels for her birthday
According to sketches by American architect John Hejduk, students of the Studio Seho of the Department of Design Studios II built it in the courtyard of the Faculty of Architecture of the CTU in Dejvice campus. It was also a gift to the thirtieth of the Velvet Revolution, during which the statue was unveiled. Due to the statue students could realize it is the best manifestation of their freedom.
Ing. arch. michaela mrázová
+420 736 142 128
Mgr. romana Vylitová
+420 723 138 565