The library contains more than 13 000 thematically profiled books and magazines on architecture and art. This includes:
- 76 rare old books from the 16th to 18th centuries
- About 5000 titles from the 18th to the first half of the 20th century
- About 1600 titles from the period from 1950 to 1989, purchased by the central library of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Faculty of Architecture
- More than 4000 new titles from the institutes’ purchases, from the faculty’s funds and various grant subsidies; the books purchased after the year 2001 are also registered in the central CTU library and can be found in its on-line catalogue
- More than 1700 titles stored in the RCIH library, which relates to the issue of industrial architecture and its conversion
- More than 160 film and multimedia DVDs
The books and documents stored in the reading room are available immediately. The other items from the catalogue (stored in the pedagogue’s reference libraries and in the archive) can be ordered and will be provided the following day upon prior agreement. Films and multimedia programs with a theme of historical and contemporary architecture are available under the call letter R. Collections with the call letter ST are subject to a special regime and the approval of the institute head is required to study them. Books with a call letter of V oriented on the theme of industrial architecture and its conversion are stored in the RCIH library, 3rd floor, room 304–305. They must be ordered in advance to study them.