Rector’s Order no. 5/2020 - On reducing the risk of infection by coronavirus
On reducing the risk of infection by coronavirus
- This order is issued in connection with the recommendation of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic based on an announcement by the Government of the Czech Republic in connection with information about the spread of coronavirus disease (a viral infection) from the territory of the People’s Republic of China in 2020.
- In order to contribute to a reduction in the risk of infection by coronavirus, I am publishing these measures which all persons at the Czech Technical University in Prague (CTU) are required to maintain and which persons heading constituent parts of CTU in Prague are required to ensure are implemented.
Measures for reducing the risk of infection
- No student arriving from the People’s Republic of China shall be registered for the summer semester of 2020; if such a student has already been registered, her/his studies shall be interrupted until 26.6.2020. The restriction laid out in this section is not valid if a student arriving from the Chinese People’s Republic demonstrates that she/he arrived on the territory of the Czech Republic not later than on January 25th, 2020.
- All possible measures shall be taken to ensure that any employee of CTU who returned from the People’s Republic of China after January 15th shall for a period of 14 days after her/his return not visit premises of CTU where she/he might come into contact with other employees; it is necessary e.g. to consider instituting work from home, drawing on leave, or blocking access to the workplace by the employer.
- All students and third parties who have arrived from the People’s Republic of China after January 15th, 2020 are forbidden for a period of 14 days after their entry into the territory of the Czech Republic to visit the following CTU premises:
a. CTU canteens
b. CTU study rooms
c. CTU libraries
Information about these restrictions is to be posted at the entrance to the premises listed here.
- With immediate effect, all working visits by employees and all student travel organized by the university to the People’s Republic of China shall be cancelled.
- All constituent parts of CTU are required without delay to ensure that their students arriving from the People’s Republic of China are informed about the content of this order.
This order enters into force on February 4th, 2020.
doc. RNDr. Vojtěch Petráček, CSc., v. r.